HNELHD offer incentives for critical and hard to fill positions in our rural and regional facilities!
The incentives offered are part of NSW Health’s Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme .
What are these new Incentives?
The incentives we offer include packages that start from $5,000 up to $20,000 depending on the position and its location. The incentives packages are pro-rata for part time positions.
The incentive packages can include the below:
- Additional base salary
- Additional personal leave
- Professional Development
- Computer/Internet reimbursement
- Relocation Benefits
- Return airfare home
- Compassionate travel
- Family Travel Assistance
- Reimbursement of utilities
- Transfer incentives
- Study assistance
HNELHD also offer additional incentives
In addition to the incentive package (valued at up to $20k), the HNELHD provides existing incentives for most hard to fill or rural positions including:
- Accommodation Assistance - Employees may receive free accommodation in a hospital owned, or hospital leased property at no cost. Where a hospital owned or hospital leased property is not vacant for the required period, general rental market accommodation may be organised by the Hiring Manager for a pre-determined period
- Paid travel - ‘normal hours’ for travel time to and from their home base to the hard to fill position
- Meal allowance (up to $110.15 per day)
- Mileage allowance (payment for use of your private vehicle – 28.8 cents per kilometre)
- Great award entitlements e.g. paid parental leave and Allocated Days Off (ADOs)
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Ongoing training and development
- Cultural immersions
How do I know exactly what incentives I will receive?
Incentives packages are to be negotiated between the hiring manager and the eligible incentive recipient. If you have been successful for an incentivised position and you wish to finalise your incentive package, or you simply want to know more before you apply, please speak with the position's hiring manager.
Is there any further benefits to consider?
Rural work opportunities have many other benefits including exposure to all facets of hospital care i.e. emergency department experience – you will be supported in developing your skills, increasing your knowledge and striving for professional growth. In addition to rural work stints looking great on your resume, the reduced cost of living in rural towns and the rural incentives we offer means you can reach your saving goals sooner! Accepting a rural work contract also means your supporting NSW rural communities with the challenges they are currently facing due to the ongoing rural workforce shortages.
How do I find what incentivised positions are available?
To view all vacant positions that offer incentives please click below. All vacant positions that offer incentives will have ‘Incentives Offered’ clearly displayed in the advertisement title.