At Hunter New England Health we aim to provide you with the best health care possible. We welcome your feedback so we can better understand what is working well and how we can improve our services. You may wish to tell us why you are happy with your care, share your concerns, compliment a staff member or make a suggestion. If you provide your contact details, we will acknowledge your feedback, and we aim to resolve complaints within 35 days. If your concern is complex, it may take longer. If this is the case, we will contact you to let you know.
There are a number of ways you can tell us about your experience:
- Speak to a staff member involved in your care, or the manager of the ward/unit.
- Phone the hospital or service you would like to make a complaint about. Contact numbers for all our hospitals and health services can be found here.
- Call our feedback line on 1800 605 172 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email HNELHD-SRC@health.nsw.gov.au
- Write to us. You can complete the online feedback form. You can also print a form, or write your own letter, and send it to Strategic Relations and Communication, Locked Bag 1, New Lambton NSW 2305.
- For further information, please click here.
If you are not satisfied with Hunter New England Health's response to your concerns, you can contact the following independent organisations:
|Health Care Complaints Commission|
Locked Mail Bag 18
Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Toll free: 1800 043 159
|NSW Ombudsman||Toll free: 1800 451 524|
Information & Privacy Commission
|Ph: 1800 472 679|
More information on how to provide your feedback is available in the factsheets below:
- Simplified Chinese
- Easy language – this information is for people with an intellectual disability.
If you require an interpreter service, you can ask a staff member or call 4924 6285.
Deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired
If you have hearing or speech impairments, you can contact Hunter New England Health through the National Relay Service (NRS). Simply call 133 677 and provide the number you want to call (e.g. our feedback line: 1800 605 172). For more information, visit: www.relayservice.gov.au
The story of Kyran Day provides a powerful example of why the REACH program is a priority for our health service. Kyran's story has reinforced our commitment to working with patients, family members and carers to provide quality healthcare in a safe environment.