As an HNE employee you are entitled to salary packaging options. A range of items can be salary packaged for example living expenses - bills, mortgage repayments, novated leases and meal entertainment expenses. If you have permanently relocated specifically to take up your new position, you may be able to salary package costs related to your relocation providing eligibility criteria are satisfied. Salary packaging means that you give up part of your salary in exchange for particular fringe benefits and potentially reduce the amount of income tax you pay, giving you increased disposable income. If eligible, HNE employees can salary sacrifice up to $9,009 per year on a range of benefits.
To sign up, complete an online application form through SalaryPackagingPLUS. For more information contact:
Election for Salary Sacrifice can be made via SARA (Search And Reqest Anything) - a support portal for NSW Health staff for enquries regarding IT, payroll, recruitment, finance, purchasing and warehousing services and support. SARA is cloud-based which means it can be accessed anywhere, any time.
How Do I Get Started?
To setup your Salary Packaging arrangements, click here to access the online application form. Alternatively, you can complete the Application Form which can be found on the SalaryPackagingPLUS website.
If you would like to speak with a SalaryPackagingPLUS consultant you can click here book a time for them to call you back.
Please note, while Salary Packaging is beneficial to most staff, including those who have a HECS/HELP debt, it is recommended that you obtain independent financial advice before starting.
If you have permanently relocated specifically to take up your new position with HNELHD, there may be costs related to your relocation that you can Salary Package in addition to 'normal' Salary Packaging if you meet the eligibility criteria. If you have relocated, please note this in your Salary Packaging application, or complete the Relocation Expenses form available on the SalaryPackagingPLUS website.
If you have any questions regarding Salary Packaging please contact SalaryPackagingPLUS on 1300 402 523 or via email.
Allied Health Awards
HNE Health has held annual Allied Health Awards to recognise the important contribution Allied Health Professionals make. Nominations must meet five criteria and are nominated under the following categories:
- Assisting Allied Health Excellence - This award recognises Support workers to Allied Health Clinicians who continually demonstrated HNE’s CORE values, and whose support is pivotal in supporting the successful outcomes for patients and/or staff.
- Commitment to Aboriginal Health - This award recognises an individual or Team who have demonstrated a commitment to improving the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients within the district.
- Early Career - recognises someone within the first 5 years of their career who is displaying a commitment to quality and safety, outstanding interpersonal skills with fellow colleagues, delivering patient centred care and demonstrating their value as a team member.
- Excellence in Leadership and Management - recognises an emerging or established Allied Health Leader who has demonstrated commitment to Hunter New England Health’s strategic priorities.
- Impact Achievement - recognises an individual or Team who have made outstanding achievements or improvements in line with Hunter New England Health’s strategic priorities.
- Team Culture - recognises an Allied Health Team within HNE who have displayed a commitment to delivering patient centered care, quality and safety and demonstrating their value in working as a team.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
The HNE Health Excellence Awards are a way of formally recognising outstanding staff members and/or teams and acknowledging the work they do for others, day in, day out. They celebrate the pinnacle of clinical excellence, quality, innovation/improvement and outstanding achievement across the District and they feed directly into the NSW Health Awards.