The NGO Program Unit is responsible for the management of Health funded Ministerial and Local NGO funding agreements.
Functions of the Unit include negotiation of Funding Agreements, payment, monitoring, performance review, ministerial briefing, conflict resolution and capacity building support to health funded NGO projects.
A key focus of the Unit is to facilitate effective partnerships between NSW Ministry of Health / HNE Health programs and Health-funded NGOs with the aim of improving the health of people in the Hunter and New England communities.
Health-funded NGO projects are aligned with NSW Ministry of Health's strategic directions, with a focus on local needs and cover the Program streams of Women’s Health, Aged Care, Palliative Care, Chronic Care and Disability, Community Transport, Population Health, Drug and Alcohol, Mental Health, Kids and Families, Aboriginal Health and Oral Health.
The NGO Program Unit currently sits within the Allied Health and Workforce Directorate.
- NSW Health Policy Directives - Access NSW Health policies including the Code of Conduct and and Program Area specific policy advice
- NSW e-tendering - Access information on NSW tenders
- NSW Health – Working with Non-Government Organisations – Access the latest communications from the NSW Health NGO Partnerships team
- NCOSS – Council of Social Services NSW - Advice, information, advocacy and policy development for the not for profit sector
- Health Statistics - Access on-line health data
NGO Program Manager/s
Street Address: First Floor, Booth Building, Longworth Avenue, Wallsend NSW 2289
Postal Address: PO Box 119, Wallsend NSW 2289
Telephone: 4924 6351 or 4924 6270