Site Specific Application
A Site Specific Application is required for each HNELHD site at which the research project has been approved by ethics to be conducted.
How to submit a Site Specific Application:
The Principal Investigator (or anyone with admin/edit access to the project) compiles the Site Specific Assessment as follows:
- Complete SSA within REGIS
- Complete the application using:
- Complete the attached cover letter template addressed to the HNE Research Governance Officer. The cover letter must be signed by the Principal Investigator and uploaded to REGIS with the SSA.
HNE Head of Department (HOD) authorisation:
- HODs are automatically allocated within REGIS when selecting the HNE department in your SSA. Furthermore, please find the current HNE Heads of Department list from REGIS here (HNELHD - Head of Department list)
- Ensure you discuss your project with the appropriate HNE Heads of Department (HOD) before submitting your SSA - this may reduce the time taken for your project to be approved.
- Once the HNE Head of Department (HOD) indicates their support within REGIS, the SSA will automatically be submitted through REGIS to the HNE Research Office for eligibility review.
- HNELHD - Guidance to completing the Site Specific Application
- HNELHD - Site Specific Application checklist
- REGIS FACTSHEET- Site Application, Completing, requesting Head of Department Support and Submitting
- REGIS FACTSHEET - Submitting a new version of an application after an ineligible notification
- Regulatory Documents Guidance
- HNE Research Governance Fees
- Further Resources for HNE Research Governance
- Further instructions for navigating REGIS (REGIS - how to guides)