Opportunities and Training
We provide Emergency Medicine rotations that encompass all aspects of Emergency Medicine opportunities from tertiary and trauma, urban district to regional and rural experiences. Special skills terms are available across these sites. All Training can be completed without leaving our Network.
Our current exam pass rates for Primary and Fellowship exams is currently 100%. Network 4 is incredibly proud of these results and the Training opportunities we provide.
Special Skills Terms Available
- Anaesthetics John Hunter Hospital (50% JHH Anaesthetics and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine) and Maitland District Hospital, Port Macquarie Base Hospital and Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital
- Education John Hunter Hospital and The Maitland Hospital (50% JHH Education and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine)
- ICU Calvary Mater Newcastle, John Hunter Hospital, Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital (6 months only)
- ICU Manning Based Hospital (Non CC ACEM accredited term will count towards Non-ED PT or AT time)
- ICU Port Macquarie (Foundation Unaccredited Term)
- PICU John Hunter Hospital
- Paediatrics ED John Hunter Hospital, Paediatrics Ward John Hunter Hospital and Maitland Hospital
- Retrieval Hunter New England (50% Retrieval and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine) and Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital (6 months only)
- Rural and Remote Special Skills Term Kempsey District Hospital (50% ED, 50% Anaesthetics)
- Ultrasound Maitland/John Hunter Hospital (50% Ultrasound ad 50% Emergency Medicine)
Culture and JMO Wellbeing
We pride ourselves on a culture of learning and education, role modelling and mentorship with professionalism. We want to grow our trainees into not only be excellent doctors, but excellent people.
Our Network Manager is happy to provide assistance with helping you relocate to the area as required. Assistance with registration and visa requirements, organisation and reminding you of teaching sessions, orientating you to the hospitals and Hunter New England Area, distribution of allocations, approval of annual and study leave.