Falls Prevention Information
The Outpatient clinic can be busy and an unfamiliar setting. Your safety is very important to us.
A fall can occur in a second, but it may totally change your life. Some simple steps will assist you to be active and independent.
- Your chances of falling are increased if you are feeling rushed, distracted, or not concentrating.
- Take your time and pay attention to what you are doing. It helps to prevent falling.
- Be aware of of your surroundings
- If you use glasses when outside, it’s best to use distance lenses or sun glasses.
- If you have a hearing aid, it’s wise to use it when out and about.
- Walking aids needs to be individually fitted, regularly maintained and used when out and about.
- Wearing safe shoes with slip-resistant soles helps you keep your balance.
- Take your time getting standing up and down or moving around the clinics- don’t rush.
- Report any slip or trip hazards to staff members immediately
For more information, please visit the following pages: