Improvement Grant Program
For funding 1st July 2023 - 30th June 2024/25
The HNE Improvement Grant Program encourages collaboration between HNE staff, service managers, improvement specialists and patients by supporting staff in implementing evidence-based innovations to improve the health outcomes of patients and the community.
These grants are explicitly focused on the translation of existing evidence/guideline recommendations into sustainable routine care delivery practice. As such, funding will not support research (knowledge generation) initiatives.
Improvement initiatives are encouraged that:
- Address identified LHD priorities.
- Are supported by literature or local evidence from small scale initiatives and/or clinical guidelines.
- Demonstrate collaboration between clinical and service leaders, service providers, improvement/evaluation specialists, networks/streams, patients/consumers and Aboriginal advisors.
- Include supplementary support in terms of (in-kind) resources, staff release time, funding, equipment or resources, consumables etc. from the relevant clinical unit or partners.
- Improve the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction).
- Improve health outcomes.
- Reduce the per capita cost of health care.
In this round approximately $150,000 (6 projects x $25,000) has been identified by the HNE Research Office and Children, Young People and Family Services (CYPFS) to support up to 6 Improvement initiatives.
Monday 12 December 2022
Applications CLOSE (via Award Force)
5pm Monday 3 April 2023
Meetings with Preferred Applicants
Mid May 2023
Notification of Successful Applicants
Late May 2023
Commencement of Grant
1 July 2023
30 June 2024 (or 30 June 2025 for 2-year grants)
Endorsement: Please ensure you complete the required HNELHD Endorsements prior to the closing date. Endorsement will need to be received from Managers and Executive relative to the HNELHD Service that your application impacts.
If you have any trouble accessing these documents, please contact HNELHD-ResearchOffice@health.nsw.gov.au
The Application Forms may be downloaded and used as templates to copy/paste answers into the online submission tool Award Force
Please submit applications via Award Force https://hnehealth.awardsplatform.com/
For further information or enquiries please contact the HNE Research Office or HNE Research Development Manager, Dr Kathryn Reilly:
Email: HNELHD-ResearchOffice@health.nsw.gov.au or Kathryn.Reilly@health.nsw.gov.au
Office Phone: (02) 4921 4140