Improvement Grant Program
For funding 1st July 2022 - 30th June 2023/24
The HNE Improvement Grant Program encourages collaboration between HNE staff, service managers, improvement specialists and patients by supporting staff in implementing evidence-based innovations to improve the health outcomes of patients and the community.
These grants are explicitly focused on the translation of existing evidence/guideline recommendations into sustainable routine care delivery practice. As such, funding will not support research (knowledge generation) initiatives.
Improvement initiatives are encouraged that:
- Address identified LHD priorities.
- Are supported by evidence and/or clinical guidelines.
- Demonstrate collaboration between clinical and service leaders, service providers, improvement specialists/researchers, networks/streams, patients/consumers and Aboriginal advisors.
- Include supplementary support in terms of (in-kind) resources, staff release time, funding, equipment or resources, consumables etc. from the relevant clinical unit or partners.
- Improve the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction).
- Improve health outcomes.
- Reduce the per capita cost of health care.
In this round approximately $125,000 (5 projects x $25,000) has been identified by the HNE Research Office and Children, Young People and Family Services (CYPFS) to support up to 5 Improvement initiatives.
|Applications OPEN||17 January 2022|
|Applications CLOSE (via Award Force)||5pm 28 March 2022|
|Meetings with Preferred Applicants||Mid May 2022|
|Notification of Successful Applicants||End of May/Early June 2022|
|Commencement of Grant||1 July 2022|
|Grant End||30 June 2023 (or 30 June 2024 for 2-year grants)|
Endorsement: Please ensure you complete the required HNELHD Endorsements prior to the closing date. Endorsement will need to be received from Managers and Executive relative to the HNELHD Service that your application impacts.
If you have any trouble accessing these documents, please contact HNELHD-ResearchOffice@health.nsw.gov.au
The Application Forms may be downloaded and used as templates to copy/paste answers into the online submission tool Award Force
Please submit applications via Award Force https://hnehealth.awardsplatform.com/