The NGO Program Unit is responsible for the management of Health funded Ministerial and Local NGO funding agreements.
Functions of the Unit include negotiation of Funding Agreements, payment, monitoring, performance review, ministerial briefing, conflict resolution and capacity building support to health funded NGO projects.
A key focus of the Unit is to facilitate effective partnerships between NSW Ministry of Health / HNE Health programs and Health-funded NGOs with the aim of improving the health of people in the Hunter and New England communities.
Health-funded NGO projects are aligned with NSW Ministry of Health's strategic directions, with a focus on local needs and cover the Program streams of Women's Health, Aged Care, Palliative Care, Chronic Care and Disability, Community Transport, Population Health, Drug and Alcohol, Mental Health, Kids and Families, Aboriginal Health and Oral Health.
During 17/18 the NGO Program Unit has been focusing on achieving agreements that support:
- Sustainable services and NGO capacity building
- Greater alignment of service outcomes with NSW Government goals, priorities and program objectives
- Effective performance frameworks and demonstrated value for money
The NGO Program Unit currently sits within the Allied Health Directorate.
- NSW Health Policy Directives - Access NSW Health policies including the Code of Conduct, Human Services Collaboration and Program Areas
- NSW e-tendering - Access information on NSW tenders
- NCOSS – Council of Social Services NSW - Advice, information, advocacy and policy development for the not for profit sector
- Health Statistics - Access on-line health data
NGO Program Manager/s
Street Address: First Floor, Booth Building, Longworth Avenue, Wallsend NSW 2289
Postal Address: PO Box 119, Wallsend NSW 2289
Telephone: 4924 6351 or 4924 6270