The Kidney Supportive Care team is part of the Renal Unit of John Hunter Hospital.
We provide a service alongside your usual care by your nephrologist and GP. We aim to help improve your quality of life and reduce your symptom burden.
You can access this service if you are:
- On dialysis but are having symptoms
- Choosing not to have dialysis
- Thinking of stopping your dialysis treatment
Who is the Renal Supportive Care team?
The team consists of:
- A Palliative Care Specialist Doctor
- A Clinical Nurse Consultant
- A Social Worker
- A Renal Dietitian
You can access the service after speaking to your GP, Nephrologist or Renal Options Coordinator.
You will need a GP referral to the Renal Supportive Care Doctor.