HNELHD Improvement Grant Program
(formerly Innovation Scholarships)
Hunter New England Local Health District makes a significant investment in initiatives that seek to improve patient/community health outcomes whilst aiming to reduce the cost of healthcare. In recognising that achieving evidenced-based healthcare and improved patient outcomes is intrinsically linked to the translation and implementation of research evidence and clinical guidelines into healthcare practice, HNELHD is implementing the HNE Improvement Grant Program (IGP).
The IGP will commence on 1 July 2020 in response to the directions of the 2018-2021 HNELHD Research and Research Translation Plan and the HNELHD Strategic plan.
HNE Health’s Partnerships Innovation and Research Unit & HNE Children, Young People and Families (CYP&F) services have identified a total pool of approximately $125,000 to support up to five improvement initiatives. Projects are for one year duration, however up to two years duration will be considered. Projects of one year duration may involve an improvement initiative conducted in a single site/facility, whilst a project of up to two years duration may involve an initiative across multiple sites/facilities. Pending applications received, one improvement grant will be awarded with the focus of Aboriginal Health.
How to apply:
* Please be aware, pending on the version of Microsoft Word your computer has installed, you may not be able to download the Application Form in word format. If this is the case, please contact HNELHD-ResearchOffice@health.nsw.gov.au and request a word version of the Application Form to be emailed to you. In the interim, please find zipped copies of the documents here, and request a word version of the Application Form to be emailed to you. In the interim, please find zipped copies of the documents here, HNE Improvement Grant Program 2020.
|Call for Applications||6 December 2019|
|Applications Close||29 March 2020|
|Notification of Successful Applicants||June 2020|
|Commencement of Grant||1 July 2020|
30 June 2021 (or 30 June 2022 for 2 year grants)
After your application is completed and endorsed, you will need to copy/paste your endorsed application answers into the online submission tool – Award Force.
All supporting documentation (including flow charts etc) are to be saved as separate files, ie: word doc, jpeg or pdf to enable uploading to awardforce upon submission, this includes but is not limited to:
- Item 7 - Applicant Endorsement Page
- Item 8 - HNELHD Endorsement Page
- Item 3.1 - Applicant Brief CV
- Item 2.5 – Flowchart
- Item 6 – Budget quotations (if applicable)
Please submit applications online via Award Force https://hnehealth.awardsplatform.com/ by 5pm 29 March 2020 (only fully endorsed online submissions will be accepted, incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted).
All enquiries regarding the HNE Improvement Grant Program should be directed to: HNELHD-ResearchOffice@health.nsw.gov.au and request a word version of the Application Form to be emailed to you. In the interim, please find zipped copies of the documents here, .