Achievement Awards (Individual Awards)
The HNE Achievement Awards acknowledge outstanding innovation and performance and are open to individuals and volunteers from across Hunter New England Local Health District. These awards are a celebration of the exceptional contribution HNE Health staff and volunteers have made in their roles and to the broader community.
If you require assistance or more information on the HNE Achievement Awards, please contact HNE Strategic Communications Unit: Courtney.Farrar@health.nsw.gov.au
Achievement Award Categories
|Staff Member of the Year
The award aims to recognise HNE Health employees who have made an exceptional contribution to improvements in the health system. This award aims to acknowledge an individual who:
• as part of their clinical or support role in HNE Health, provide demonstrable excellence in service to support staff, patients, carers or families
• is a role model for promoting positive cultural change and inspiring other staff within HNE Health
• has improved service delivery and patient outcomes through the use of new and innovative ways of engaging staff, patients, carers or families
Volunteer of the Year
(open to teams and individuals)
The Volunteer of the Year Award recognises the significant contribution of a team or individual to volunteering within HNE Health. This award aims to acknowledge a team or individual who:
• provides excellent support for patients, carers and families
• acts as a role model for volunteering in HNE Health which promotes volunteer services and inspires other volunteers
• uses new and innovative ways to engage patients, carers and families.
Collaborative Leader of the Year
(Nominations submitted by HNE Executive Leadership Team only)
The Collaborative Leader of the Year acknowledges a HNE Health employee who demonstrates exceptional collaboration within their role and is open to clinical and non-clinical HNE staff.
This award aims to recognise a successful leader/manager/mentor who has shown true leadership qualities by managing their services effectively, including:
• innovative skills in collaboration and effective team work
• supporting teams to work collaboratively to improve patient care
• achieving sustainable results through successful inter-personal collaboration
• strong corporate and clinical governance and CORE values in all health services.
Please see attached guidelines and criteria for each category, the information enclosed in this document is to be considered whilst completing your application.
2020 Excellence Awards Guidelines and Criteria
All applications are to be to submitted using the online system Award Force https://hnehealth.awardsplatform.com, further details can be located within the 2020 HNE Excellence Awards Guidelines. Please ensure you allocate enough time to have your application endorsed by your manager within Awardforce, prior to submission deadline.