Health Care Interpreter Service
The Health Care Interpreter Service provides professional interpreters to facilitate communication between health professionals and clients who are deaf or who have limited English. Communication with these groups of clients through a professional interpreter ensures that:
- Accurate information is transmitted
- Informed consent is obtained
- Exchanged information is being kept confidential
- Client privacy is protected
The service is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The service includes:
- Onsite interpreting for individual consultations, group and family settings
- Telephone interpreting for quick assessments, follow up phone calls and surveys
- Videoconference interpreting when visual connections will benefit
- Translations of short documents directly related to patient care
These services are available for patients in hospital wards, outpatient clinics and for community settings.
Hunter New England Helath provides this service to all patients and their carers and family, free of charge, for facilities in Hunter New England, Western, Far Western, Mid North Coast, Cetral Coast and Northern NSW Local Health Disctricts, as well as to Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network and the Bureau of Health Information.
Manager - Therese Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org