Strategic directions and organisational structure
The strategic direction of HNE Health mental health services is outlined in the following documents:
- We will be guided by what consumers and carers need.
- Understand each person has unique needs, desires and expectations.
- Treat everyone with respect, professionalism, care and compassion and expect to be treated the same.
- Acknowledge and support carers, family and friends in looking after their loved ones, to the extent they can.
- Facilitate access to appropriate information and resources to enable people to make their own decisions.
- Communicate our recommendations for care and treatment clearly and fully.
- Deliver care that is meaningful and stop doing things that do not work for people.
- Encourage people to `Take Charge’ and enable them to self manage and achieve recovery.
- Advocate for a system that looks after needs of all concerned.
- Work together to develop a system that is responsive and meets needs and expectation of our community
We also subscribe to the NSW Carers Charter - Our commitment to engage with carers
HNE Health provides public mental health services to the community of the Hunter New England region. The Mental Health executive team consists of a Director, General Manager, Directors of Nursing Services and Allied Health, and Executive Leaders of Medical Services; Business Development and Performance; Quality Assurance, Audit risk and Compliance; Innovation, Partnership and Engagement; and Workforce, People and Culture. Clinical Services are led by Clinical/Service Directors and supported by Service Managers.
Please note: you can download this chart here.