SEARCH AND APPLY FOR CURRENT VACANCIES HERE ❯❯
Hunter New England Emergency Training Network
Why Hunter New England Emergency Training Network is the Network for you?
- We offer world class facilities that are constantly growing and expanding to include new and better services.
- Experience metro training in a city full of lifestyle but at half the price of Sydney living.
- We have outstanding rural sites that offer fantastic training with enthusiastic and experienced physicians, in addition to a great rural community collaborative ethos not found anywhere else.
- If you want Metro lifestyle – we have it, if you want rural lifestyle-we have it. We offer the best of both worlds.
- Experience the wonders of metro training in a city full of lifestyle at half the price of Sydney living
- Great rural training sites that offer not only fantastic training but you will experience that great community collaborative environment not found anywhere else
- NSW busiest trauma centre
- Specialised toxicology service
- Strong FACEM led Rural Emergency departments
- Comprehensive case mix with
every Surgical Sub-Specialty except for burns
- Special Skills Terms offered:
- Retrieval – 12 month duration
- Education – 6 months duration
- Toxicology – 6 months duration
- ICU – 6 months duration
- Ward – 6 months duration
- ED – 6 months duration
- Anaesthetics – 6 months duration
- Critical Care – 6 months duration
- Medicine – 6 months duration
- We are happy to accommodate flexible training options if required
Special Skills Terms Available
- Anaesthetics John Hunter Hospital (50% JHH Anaesthetics and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine)
- Anaesthetics Maitland District Hospital
- Anaesthetics Port Macquarie Based Hospital
Anaesthetics Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital (6 months only)
Education John Hunter Hospital (50% JHH Education and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine)
Education Maitland District Hospital
ICU Calvary Mater Newcastle
ICU John Hunter Hospital
ICU Manning Based Hospital (Non CC ACEM accredited term will count towards Non-ED PT or AT time)
ICU Port Macquarie (Foundation Unaccredited Term)
ICU Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital (6 months only)
Paediatrics ED John Hunter Hospital
Paediatrics Ward John Hunter Hospital
Paediatrics Ward Maitland District Hospital
Retrieval Hunter New England (50% Retrieval and 50% JHH Emergency Medicine)
Retrieval Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital (6 months only)
Rural and Remote Special Skills Term Kempsey District Hospital (50% ED, 50% Anaesthetics)
- Ultrasound Maitland/John Hunter Hospital (50% Ultrasound ad 50% Emergency Medicine)
- Our dedicated Directors of Emergency Medicine and our Medical Education and Training Coordinator are here to support you in all your training requirements.
- You have 4 hours paid protected teaching time per week and one full day a year of teaching off site led by the DEMTs annually.
- Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI): HMRI was established as a strategic partnership between the University of Newcastle, Hunter New England Local Health District and the Community. HMRI provides the central “hub” for research funding, strategy and infrastructure across the region. HMRI offers a suite of services and resources to assist affiliated researchers and their research.
- Our remarkable Senior Medical Staff are involved in clinical trials and improvement projects who continually seek trainees to work with.
- Hunter New England is a national leader in medical education with strong affiliations to both the University of Newcastle and University of New England. The University of Newcastle has 12 priority research centres directly aligned with HMRI research programs.
- HNE Simulation Centre: the centre provides inter-professional, multi-disciplinary training that enhances patient and staff safety, minimises adverse events and ensures fitness to function as part of a team through programs that target procedural skills, integrated clinical management and communication.
- Dedicated training programs for Fellowship and Primary Exam Preparations
- High success rate in supporting trainees to pass both Primary and Fellowship exams
Values, Visions, Goals and Strengths:
Hunter New England Local Health District’s strategic direction supports the principle of Excellence. Every Patient. Every time.
Our Values: Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment
Our Vision: Healthy people – now and into the future.
Our Goals: Keeping people healthy and in the community. Providing world-class clinical services with timely access and effective infrastructure.
Our Strengths: We pride ourselves with a focus on innovation, teaching and research and successful strategies to improve staff safety.
All Hunter New England Local Health District staff members are able to enter our HNELHD Excellence awards. Countless trainees participate in local projects around Models of Care and/or Service Changes.
We also have a dedicated Network Manager – the only LHD in the state to have this.
Our Network Manager/Medical Education Support Coordinator are happy to provide assistance with helping you relocate to the area as required. Assistance with registration and visa requirements, organisation and reminding you of teaching sessions, assisting you with exam preparation and scheduling, liaising with and registration with ACEM, reminding you when assessments are due, orientating you to the hospitals and Hunter New England Area, distribution of allocations and rosters, approval of annual and study leave. We are here to help and assist you in all your training necessities.
Emergency Medicine Trainee Representatives
Hunter New England Health has partnered with MedApps to produce the Resident Guide App. Resident Guide App is a free downloadable App that gives Doctors information and tools you need in the palm of your hand. Resident Guide has been developed by Doctors for Doctors.
The App provides you all the information you need to get your job done. You can access Orientation Guides, Imaging and Consult Guides, Protocols and Procedures and much more.
- 10 hour shifts - allowing for better work life balance
- 7 day / 24 hour roster
- Opportunity for overtime
- ADOs are rostered
- Access to annual and study leave on request
- Rosters are developed and published in line with allocation, service and award requirements
- Trainees are able to swap and move around based on training and service needs
Director of Emergency Medicine Training: Our fantastic DEMT’s will support you as you progress through your training. They provide regular feedback and guidance and will help you prosper in your Emergency Medicine Career.
You will also have daily access to brilliant and supportive Emergency Medicine Consultants and Advanced Trainees.
What facilities will a Hunter New England Emergency Training Doctor be rotated to?
|John Hunter Hospital
||Maitland Rural Referral Hospital
|Level 6 Emergency Department
||Level 4 Emergency Department
|Major referral Hospital
||Urban District Hospital
|Busiest Trauma Centre in NSW
||New ED and short stay currently in development
|Calvary Mater Newcastle
||Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital
|Level 5 Emergency Department
||Brand new Level 4 Emergency Department
|Urban District Hospital
|Specialised toxicology, haematology and oncology hospital
||Busiest regional ED in NSW
|Access to experienced research team
||Strong FACEM leadership team
|Port Macquarie Base Hospital (satellite site)
||Possible retrieval, anaesthetics and ICU rotations
|Coastal Regional Hospital
||Manning Rural Referral Hospital
|Strong FACEM led team
|Rotations to ED possible
||Only for ICU special skills term
ACCOMMODATION IS PROVIDED WHEN ON ROTATION TO REGIONAL HOSPITALS
TRAINEES ARE PLACED IN THE ONE LOCATION FOR 6 MONTHS
PREFERENCES ARE REQUESTED PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE CLINICAL YEAR
Further information / Contact us
For further information please email: DrCareers@hnehealth.nsw.gov.au
For enquiries please call:
Denise Porter, Network Manager – 0437 267 556 or 49853408
SEARCH AND APPLY FOR CURRENT VACANCIES HERE ❯❯