Hunter New England Training in Psychiatry (HNET)
Welcome to HNET! For news and dates to remember, stay on this page. Other information can be found in the links to the left. For current staff of HNET, click the "FOR STAFF" link for more information and resources pertinent to your work with us.
- Good news for the 4 HNET trainees who sat the last round of MCQ exams - this makes it a 'hat-trick' of 100% pass results for MCQ exams for HNET! Thanks to Dr Beth Mah and Dr Irosh Fernando for their excellent support with Critical Appraisal.
- Available for advanced trainees in HNET Psychiatry on the My Health Learning platform is a Leadership & Management Pathway for Advanced Trainees. This learning pathway has been designed for Advanced Trainees in Psychiatry (but may be of use to other medical and health professional trainees). It contains a mix of modules that provide some practical learning in relation to some of the challenges that face trainees as they move from a senior trainee role to a Consultant (Manage...r and Leader) role, including covering topics on planning, running projects, supervising, teamwork, meetings and how health care is funded. Estimated time for total pathway completion 3 hours. Start by logging into http://myhealthlearning.health.nsw.gov.au/ and search for the pathway in the catalogue.
- The JMO Quality & Safety Awards Showcase 2017 is happening on 21st October 2017 at Lavender Bay. Click here for more information!
- There is now a new website designed for all doctors that brings together pertinent information and links to medical Colleges, education, organisational requirements, quality and safety, awards and policies, to name a few. Click here to access the new website for doctors. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated (to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that whilst this website is on the Internet, some of the content is only available when you are on a HNELHD networked computer eg Policies relevant for Doctors and the Medical Education and Training link.
- HNET trainees can find lots of useful information in our HOW-TO guides, available on our intranet site. Click here to check them out!
Dates to remember
21 October 2017: JMO Quality & Safety Awards Showcase 2017
11 September 2017: Prevocational Term 4 commences.
27 November 2017: Prevocational Term 5 commences.
13 November 2017: HNET Essay Exam Prep commences.
20 November 2017: HNET MCQ Exam Prep commences.
31 January 2018: HNET Trial MCQ exam.
24 January 2018: HNET Trial Essay exam.
5 February 2018: Semester 1 of 2018 clinical year commences.
1 March 2018 (TBC): RANZCP Essay exam.
2 March 2018 (TBC): RANZCP MCQ exam.
HNET values your opinion. Please let us know what you think, anytime, by completing this very short 2-minute survey: Tell us what you think of HNET.
HNE Health staff can visit the HNET eLearning centre at via Click here for help accessing the HNET Psychiatry MyLink resource.
This site is administered by Philippa Ditton-Phare - please contact email@example.com with any comments or requests.