Simulation-based sedation training for endoscopists
To rehearse the management of complications of procedural sedation and to manage risk in procedural sedation practice
Simulation-based training allows participants to rehearse the management of adverse events in a safe but realistic environment. It can reliably provide exposure to multiple adverse events ensuring that providers of sedation have an opportunity to manage crises they may not otherwise encounter in clinical practice.
Basic knowledge of IV sedation agents is assumed and not explicitly covered.
This course supports the Agency for Clinical Innovation Minimum Standards for Safe Procedural Sedation.
- Refresh basic airway & resuscitation skills
- Familiarisation with equipment and monitoring used in sedation
- Understand the role of each of the other staff present during IV sedation
- Rescue from a level of sedation deeper than that intended
- Foster an appreciation for teamwork skills
This is a course for clinicians who are currently providing intravenous sedation
Price on application
Contact the HNE Simulation Centre to discuss your requirements