How to register
The HNE Simulation Centre offers more than 65 different courses including instructor training and advanced communications programs. These courses include inter-professional team training focussing on communication, leadership, decision-making and resource management, specialised skills training, including advanced airway skills, and niche courses for defined groups e.g. procedural sedation training for endoscopists. In addition, we offer bespoke courses tailor made for specific participant groups.
We review each request to register for a course individually to ensure participants are enrolling in the course best suited to their needs.
Register for a course
- To request to register for a course, please complete the
online enquiry form or contact us by
email or phone (02) 49214268.
- Following receipt of your enquiry, we will send you a registration form for the relevant course.
- Please complete the registration form, including payment details, and return it via
email, fax (02) 4923 6130, or mail to the HNE Simulation Centre, Level 1 Royal Newcastle Centre, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre NSW 2310.
Please note that due to high demand places cannot be reserved until full payment has been received.
- Following receipt of your completed registration form, we will send you an email confirming your booking, along with any pre-reading and/or the course manual. If you do not receive a confirmation email within three (3) working days of submitting your registration form, please contact us via phone (02) 4921 4268 or
- We will also send you a tax invoice and receipt for the course fee after your payment has been processed by the Cashier.
- Approximately one week before the course, we will send you a reminder email that includes the previously forwarded pre-reading/course manual and directions to the centre.
In response to COVID-19 outbreak our cancellation policy has been amended :
If you are a course participant or an instructor, please do not present to the HNESC if you are unwell with a respiratory illness. This includes people with low-grade fever (37.3 C or more). Please remain at home if you have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection.
Course participants who need to withdraw from a simulation course due to respiratory illness should contact us as soon as possible via telephone or email. Our staff will refund your registration, or assist you with transferring your course booking to an alternate date. In the event that the course was mandated or required for you, the HNE Simulation Centre Management will help identify an alternate course and/or liaise with relevant management or supervisors if necessary.
If our course instructors become unwell, we may need to postpone or cancel simulation activities. The HNESC will contact course participants to advise if a simulation activity will be postponed or cancelled at the earliest available opportunity.