Essentials of Debriefing & Feedback (for clinical supervisors and educators)
All those seeking to improve the quality of their feedback in clinical training and education, and clinical supervision,
All involved in the design and delivery of simulation based education and training
2019 course dates
- Friday, 12 April
- Monday, 5 August
ANZCA, ACEM, CICM, RACP self-directed, eligible for nursing and midwifery CPD hours (see additional information below)
|Register or find out more|
Request to register via our online form or contact us via email or phone (02) 4921 4268
To introduce participants to a conversational framework that can be applied to challenging conversations that occur in their practice as clinical educators, supervisors and leaders.
Feedback is a vital component of education but is often considered the most challenging aspect of our work as educators or supervisors.
This interactive course will explore and provide strategies to deal with challenging conversations by presenting a structure for feedback and debriefing based on the work of the Institute for Medical Simulation in Boston.
Using a series of simulations, facilitated debriefings, video triggers and group exercises we will:
- Learn how to create a safe environment for feedback conversations
- Learn and practice a conversational technique that helps drive deeper learning
- Practice giving feedback and experience the impact of receiving it
Participants will work in small, facilitated groups to apply strategies for feedback, followed by feedback on the 'feedback'.
The workshop is suitable for beginner to intermediate practitioners.
- Equivalent to 7 hours face to face learning. Certificate provided after course completion.
- ANZCA CPD category 2
- ACEM, CICM, RACP self-directed
- Eligible for nursing and midwifery CPD hours
Cost (includes GST)
*Discount available for HNESC staff and affiliates on application