Prevocational doctors interested in a career in anaesthesia:
- Junior anaesthetic registrars
- GP anaesthetic registrars
- Fellows in pain medicine (non-anaesthesia background)
2020 course dates
Time: 8:30am - 1.00pm
- Friday, 27 March
- Friday, 27 November
A certificate of attendance will be provided
|Register or find out more|
Request to register via our online form or contact us via email or phone (02) 49214268
The course is designed to provide junior doctors with an interest in anaesthesia, or who are about to commence in a registrar role, the knowledge and skills to safely administer labour epidurals for analgesia.
This half day hands on course will cover preparation for, insertion of, and troubleshooting of labour epidural analgesia.
This is a core skill for all anaesthetists, and can be the source of some difficulty at the beginning of training, as availability of learning opportunities is unpredictable.
Jump-start this process with a comprehensive look at the technical and non-technical aspects of the procedure.
- Indications / contraindications
- Issues of consent
- Setting up your equipment
- Epidural insertion and establishment of block
- Combined Spinal Epidural
PGY2 or above
Cost (includes GST)
- HNE Health medical staff $210
- Non-HNE Health medical staff $392