Surgical Sciences exam preparation
Wednesday’s (fortnightly)at 5pm
Venue: Surgical Skills Meeting Room, Located in the Clinical Skills Training Centre.
Sessions are recorded (see appendix).
The Surgical Sciences Exam Preparation will cover the following topics:-
- Chest anatomy
- Lumbar spine
- Intestinal anatomy and physiology
- Pancreatobiliary anatomy physiology pathology
- Oesophageal and gastric anatomy and physiology
- Head and neck: (Basic anatomy upper airway, sinuses and ear)
- Thyroid anatomy, pathology and physiology
- Muscle physiology
- Cardiac physiology
- Respiratory physiology: (Part one)
- Respiratory Part Two: (Post-operative respiratory)
- Endocrine, biochemistry, hormones; nutrition
- Immunology/infectious diseases
- Histology (basic)
- Lower Limb (covered in ASAPT course)
- Upper limb (covered in ASAPT course)
- Hand (covered in ASAPT course)
See also Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) information for their Surgical Sciences Intensive Course which is highly recommended for preSETs and SET1s to attend.