Diabetes and Endocrinology
The Diabetes and Endocrinology team offers consultative and management services across all aspects of Diabetes including:
- T1 Diabetes with insulin pump and continuous glucose sensors
- Transition clinics for young people T1 Diabetes
- Combined Antenatal Endocrinology with obstetricians
- High risk Diabetic Foot and Type 2 Diabetes.
In addition, we are implementing the NSW Health Award winning Alliance Program across our region to promote integrated diabetes care within GP practices. We also offer educational programs for both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes.
Inpatient services are available for all aspects of Endocrinology and Diabetes at John Hunter Hospital. Our team includes experienced Diabetes Educators and Dietitians who work in close collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team which includes:
- Vascular Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Infectious Disease experts.
Our Endocrinology Services manages the:
- Assessment and management of general endocrine disorders
- Pituitary disorders in conjunction with Neurosurgical Services
- Adrenal, pancreatic, thyroid and parathyroid disorders including thyroid cancer with dedicated Endocrine Surgeons
- Metabolic bone disorders including osteoporosis
- Transgender Services.
John Hunter Hospital