Our vision is to provide each patient with world class care, exceptional service and the compassion that we would want for ourselves and our loved ones.
The CORE values are the centre of everything we do at John Hunter Hospital. They stand for Collaboration; Openness; Respect; and Empowerment.They encompass our function as a hospital, as a team, and as individuals. They help us align our goals and vision.
What does this mean for our Patients and Visitors?
Our staff behaviours and interactions with patients, their families and carers, are based firmly on our agreed values. As a patient, carer or visitor of our hospital, you can expect the following:
In being understanding we promise to:
- Treat you with respect, as a person with your own values, feelings and opinions.
- Do all we can to relieve your physical discomfort.
- Talk to you in words that are easy to understand.
In being honest we promise to:
- Give you as much information as you want to know.
- Tell you about the risks and benefits of your treatments.
- Tell you what we know and think about your health condition and treatment.
In being helpful we promise to:
- Meet your immediate needs to the best of our ability.
- Give you information and advice to achieve the best possible health and quality of life.
- Assist you to make decisions about your health and treatment and respect the decisions you make.