Tamworth Aboriginal Mothers & Babies Service (AMBS)
Tamworth Aboriginal Mothers and Babies Service is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women, babies, children and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 8 weeks and for children up to early school years including clinic immunisations.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, child and family primary health care, clinic immunisation, child health checks, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including clinics at Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Centre, Coledale and Tamworth Community Centres or your house.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- Registered Midwife
- Child and Family Health Nurses
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
- Child and family primary health care
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within the Tamworth area.
An Aboriginal Mothers and Babies Service is also available at Quirindi for women who live within Quirindi, Walhallow, Blackville, Willow Tree, Wallabadah Werris Creek and surrounding areas. This service can be contacted by phoning Therese on PH: 6746 0215 or Mobile: 0419 141 574.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
- If you have children between the ages of 0-5 years.
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Service or Coledale Community Centre to refer you
- Talk to staff at the antenatal clinic about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Tamworth Aboriginal Mothers & Babies Service
Jo - midwife
PH: 6767 8100
Mobile: 0408 699 624