Hunter Valley Sector Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMHIS) - Singleton
Hunter Valley Sector AMIHS is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women and babies and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 8 weeks.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including at your local hospital or your house.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Worker
- Registered Midwife
- Student Midwives
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
- Whooping Cough Vaccine
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within Muswellbrook, Singleton, and Scone and from Branxton to Murrurundi, Merriwa and Denman.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Ungooroo Aboriginal Medical Service to refer you
- Talk to staff at the antenatal clinic about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Hunter Valley Sector Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service
Charli or Mandy
PH: 6542 2023