HealthOne Quirindi Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS)
HealthOne Quirindi AMIHS is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women, babies and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 8 weeks.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including a clinic at Walhallow, the HealthOne Quirindi Community Health Centre, your house or a venue that suits you.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Worker
- Registered Midwife
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within Quirindi, Walhallow, Blackville, Willow Tree, Wallabadah, Werris Creek and surrounding areas.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Walhallow Health Aboriginal Medical Service to refer you
- Talk to staff at the antenatal clinic located at Tamworth, Gunnedah or Scone Hospitals about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
HealthOne Quirindi Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service
Therese - Midwife
PH: 6746 0215
Mobile: 0419 141 574