The Parenting Education Service - Narrabri
"Knowledge reduces fear and promotes confidence”
Learning about your pregnancy and growing baby, preparing for labour and the birth of your baby, preparing for the joys and challenges of becoming a parent are all very important parts of your antenatal care and planning.
The Narrabri Maternity Service offers the Birth and Parenting programs to support you and your partner with your physical, mental and emotional preparation for your pregnancy, birth, early parenting and feeding your baby.
The sessions are relaxed and informative, giving you and your support person the opportunity to meet other families and discuss ideas, thoughts and choices for birthing and parenting.
It is important to book your sessions early to ensure you don’t miss out on a time that best suits you.
Birth And Parenting Program
Pregnant woman and partner/support person
Enrol Early (from 18 weeks gestation to book times that best suit you)
- Self-help strategies for labour and birth, including ways that the support person can offer support to the
- Understanding labour and birth, including when to come to hospital
- Making informed decisions about your care, unexpected events of labour and after the birth
- Breastfeeding, infant sleep, settling techniques, infant communication & other baby care topics.
- Changes in the family relationships during the period of the transition to parenthood and offer some strategies to minimise distress in the early weeks.
Total of 6-8 hours education
Session Options include: 1 x 6-8 hour, Saturday 4x per year
From 26 weeks gestation
Courses are held at Narrabri Hospital.
Cost of programs
$20 which includes lunch
Contact the parenting education office now to book your place
Contact the Maternity Department now to book your place, alternatively it shall be offered at the time of the initial appointment!