Narrabri Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS)
Narrabri AMIHS and New Directions is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women, babies, children and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 6 weeks and for children up to early school years including clinic.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, child and family primary health care, child health checks, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including a clinic at Wee Waa or Pilliga, the Narrabri Community health Centre or your house.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- Registered Midwife
- Child and Family Health Nurse
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
- Child and family primary health care
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within Narrabri Shire.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
- If you have children between the ages of 0-8 years.
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Talk to staff at the antenatal clinic about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Narrabri Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service
PH: 6799 2800
Ange - Aboriginal Health Worker: 0408 967 148
Rachel - Midwife: 0407 179 662