Gamilaroi Midwifery Service - Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS) - Moree
Gamilaroi Midwifery Service is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women, babies, children and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 6 weeks and for children up to 8 years old including clinic or home immunisations.
Our services include pregnancy, labour and birth care and post birth care, cultural support, child and family primary health care, at-home immunisation, child health checks, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including clinics at Collarenebri and Mungindi, the Moree Community health Centre or your house.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Workers and Practitioners
- Registered Midwife
- Child and Family Health Nurse
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy, birthing and post birth care
- Smoking and alcohol cessation support
- Weight management
- Antenatal classes
- Belly casting
- Breastfeeding support
- Child and family primary health care
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within the Moree Plains Shire, Collarenebri and Mungindi.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
- If you have children between the ages of 0-8 years.
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Pius X Aboriginal Medical Service to refer you
- Talk to staff at the Moree Maternity Unit or the Main Hospital Office about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Gamilaroi Midwifery Service (Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service (AMIHS))
PH: 6757 0214
Kelly - Aboriginal Health Practitioner: 0459 847 553
Debbie - Midwife: 0467 729 955