Naae-Wanni Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS) Maitland
Naae-Wanni is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women and babies and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 6 weeks.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, specialist breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, either at the Cessnock/ Kurri Kurri Community Health Service or The Maitland Hospital.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Worker
- Registered Midwife
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within the Maitland and Cessnock – Kurri Kurri Local Government Areas.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Awabakal Aboriginal Medical Service to refer you
- Talk to staff at The Maitland Hospital antenatal clinic about referring you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Naae-Wani Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service
PH: 4939 2494
Ellie - Aboriginal Health Worker: 0400 309 777
Jo – Midwife: 0400 333 884