Inverell Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS) - Glen Innes
Inverell AMIHS is a service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pregnant women and babies and non-Aboriginal women who are pregnant and having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander baby. We aim to provide individualised culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth for up to 8 weeks.
Our services include pregnancy and post birth care, cultural support, breastfeeding support, referrals to other services and health education.
Most importantly, you can see us at a venue that suits you, including, Inverell Hospital, North Wing, Glen Innes Hospital, Ashford Community Health Service, Tingha Multipurpose Service or your house.
Our team includes:
- Aboriginal Health Worker
- Registered Midwife
Services We Offer
- Cultural support
- Pregnancy and post birth care
- Smoking cessation support
- Breastfeeding support
Areas that we Cover
We provide care to women located within Inverell, Glen Innes, Ashford, Tingha, Delungra and surrounding areas.
Please contact us:
- If you think you are pregnant or as soon as you have a positive pregnancy test
How can you access us?
- Ask your local doctor to refer you
- Ask the staff at Armajun Aboriginal Medical Service to refer you
- You can contact us directly on the number below
Inverell Aboriginal Maternal & Infant Health Service
Bernii and Erma
PH: 6721 9594
Mobile: 0439 493 039