HNE Simulation Centre
In 2015 the HNE Simulation Centre celebrated 10 years since conducting its first simulation course. An impressive milestone, the Centre is one of the longest running simulation centres in Australia. Faculty are passionate about enhancing patient safety through simulation training and research and offer a wide range of training addressing clinical and non-clinical challenges, as well as instructor training and development programs. Download the Centre overview.
Medical Interview Presentation Skills - Tuesday 28 June
Annual medical recruitment is fast approaching. You've worked hard to gain the qualifications, skills and experience necessary for your next career move, but how do you actually demonstrate to a prospective employer that you're the right person for the job? Our Medical Interview Presentation Skills course will help prepare for for that all important job application. To enrol, contact us on 4921 4268.
Upcoming course vacancies
Rescuing the Deteriorating Paediatric Patient – Wednesday 15 June
We have a limited number of vacancies for medical staff caring for children in the Rescuing the Deteriorating Paediatric Patient course on Wednesday 15 June. This inter-professional team training is specifically designed to allow medical and nursing staff to rehearse the management of paediatric crises. Whether you are the ward nurse caring for the paediatric patient whose condition is deteriorating, the doctor called for assistance, or a member of the Rapid Response Team, this course will help prepare you to manage the types of paediatric emergencies seen in our hospitals. To enrol, please contact the HNE Simulation Centre on 4921 4268.
Latest news and events
The HNE Simulation Centre has been working in collaboration with Kaleidoscope – Children, Young People and Families, to develop a series of YouTube videos that show how the centre provides vital training to the teams who care for your kids.
Check out the clips (cannot be accessed from HNELHD computers):
Our staff and centre in the news
- Prepared for any emergency: Tomaree Hospital staff have first-hand experience of how simulation training translates to practice in a real-life emergency - read the story on page 12 of HNE Health Matters
- Taking Simulation to School: Lambton Public School students practice their first aid skills using hands-on simulation - read the story on page 14 of HNE Health Matters
- Simulation training responding to changing health landscape: Intern Boot Camp helps prepare new junior doctors for life on the wards - read the story on page 18 of HNE Health Matters
- Can't Intubate, Can't Oxygenate: Read about the team training we deliver to help prepare teams for recognising and managing a criss - page 19 of HNE Health Matters
- Born to teach: Read about HNE Simulation Centre Senior Instructor Dr Sacha Muller - page 18 of HNE Health Matters
- Allied Health Debriefing Course: Read about the recent HNE Simulation Centre workshop at the HETI Allied Health Professional Educators Network Event. Allied Health staff are welcome to attend similar courses here at the HNE Simulation Centre. View the report
- New look ACI Website: HNE Simulation Centre feature photo on page 6
Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetist (ANZCA) CPD courses
Mobile Simulation Centre
In late 2014, the HNE Simulation Centre used HETI's Sister Alison Bush AO Mobile Simulation Centre (housed inside a 19-metre semi-trailer) to deliver a series of courses designed to teach skills essential to safe clinical practice to staff in rural and remote areas. Local teams from Gloucester, Moree, Glen Innes and Scone practiced their teamwork skills whilst looking after 'patients' suffering from conditions like asthma and poisoning or envenomation. Watch the Prime7 news story or read the media release.
Facebook and Twitter
Keep up with the latest HNE Simulation Centre news via the HNE Health Facebook link to and Twitter.
Join the HNE Simulation Centre mailing list to keep up to date with latest news, course dates, vacancies and more.