HNE Simulation Centre
This summer marks 10 years since the first simulation course was conducted in the HNE Simulation Centre. An impressive milestone, the Centre is one of the longest running simulation centres in Australia. Faculty are passionate about enhancing patient safety through simulation training and research and offer a wide range of training addressing clinical and non-clinical challenges, as well as instructor training and development programs. Download the Centre overview.
Latest news and events
The HNE Simulation Centre has been working in collaboration with Kaleidoscope – Children, Young People and Families, to develop a series of YouTube videos that show how the centre provides vital training to the teams who care for your kids.
Check out the clips (cannot be accessed from HNELHD computers):
Our staff and centre in the news
- Simulation training responding to changing health landscape: Intern Boot Camp helps prepare new junior doctors for life on the wards - page 18 of HNE Health Matters
- Can't Intubate, Can't Oxygenate: Read about the team training we deliver to help prepare teams for recognising and managing a criss - page 19 of HNE Health Matters
- Born to teach: Read about HNE Simulation Centre Senior Instructor Dr Sacha Muller - page 18 of HNE Health Matters
- Allied Health Debriefing Course: Read about the recent HNE Simulation Centre workshop at the HETI Allied Health Professional Educators Network Event. Allied Health staff are welcome to attend similar courses here at the HNE Simulation Centre. View the report
- New look ACI Website: HNE Simulation Centre feature photo on page 6
Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetist (ANZCA) CPD courses
Mobile Simulation Centre
In late 2014, the HNE Simulation Centre used HETI's Sister Alison Bush AO Mobile Simulation Centre (housed inside a 19-metre semi-trailer) to deliver a series of courses designed to teach skills essential to safe clinical practice to staff in rural and remote areas. Local teams from Gloucester, Moree, Glen Innes and Scone practiced their teamwork skills whilst looking after 'patients' suffering from conditions like asthma and poisoning or envenomation. Watch the Prime7 news story or read the media release.
Facebook and Twitter
Keep up with the latest HNE Simulation Centre news via the HNE Health Facebook link to and Twitter.
Join the HNE Simulation Centre mailing list to keep up to date with latest news, course dates, vacancies and more.