A MPS is a health service facility that provides a mix of services in one location. Werris Creek MPS is a one-stop-shop for health services including acute services, community health, GP services, residential aged care and specialist visiting services. By having all services located together, doctors, nurses and allied health are able to provide more coordinated care to patients.
Werris Creek MPS includes:-
- A range of community health services, provided by local and visiting staff
- Flexible consulting and examination room for use by GP, practice nurse and other visiting health professionals.
- Four low-care hospital beds (including respite and palliative care places)
- A first aid and treatment service
- 12 residential aged care beds
- Home and Community Care (HACC)
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Day centre to provide activities for older people
- Early Childhood Health Clinic
- Telehealth Facilities