Opportunities for People with a Disability
As the largest employer in the region, Hunter New England Health is committed to providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. A disability can be:
· Neurological or learning difficulties
· Physical disfigurement
· Or a long term illness
Our aim is to acknowledge the contributions people with a disability can make and the individual challenges they face. We provide a supportive environment in which we can place, train and appoint candidates with a physical/intellectual disability.
We provide a workplace free from discrimination where staff are able to use their skills effectively and can contribute fully to the role.
HNE Health has successfully placed a number of disabled applicants into The Apprenticeship Program for People with Disabilities which commenced in 1981 to mark the International Year of Disabled Persons. We have recruited staff into a number of work streams within this program including; electricians, carpenters, plumbers, painters and many more. The aim of this program was to provide apprenticeship opportunities in state government departments and statutory authorities to people with assessed disabilities.
Awards – The Prime Minister's Employer of the Year Awards
2006 Large Employer of the Year Award
2007 Large Employer of the Year Award
2007 Employer of the Year
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· A range of experience in rural /remote areas, community based services and large metropolitan teaching hospitals
· A diverse range of career options and diverse clinical areas in which to specialise.
· Professional support and development
· Access to post graduate scholarships for further study
· Parking for staff with disabilities is available at all Hunter New England Health locations.
· Equity and Diversity Strategy (when approved)
· Disability Employment Strategy (when approved)