A new Narrabri Hospital was opened in 2012 with new facilities for inpatient beds, emergency department, birthing suite and operating theatre.
A total of 38 beds, including 24 overnight acute beds, 4 overnight sub-acute beds, 6 day stay bed and 4 Emergency beds.
- Co-located and integrated primary and community health services, including an additional consultation/treatment rooms;
- NSW Ambulance Service station;
- Two GP / visiting specialist consultation rooms, as well as a procedure room;
- A dedicated mental health safe room in the emergency department and inpatients;
- Two special care rooms for use by palliative care patients;
- Staff accommodation, including 2 x two bedroom units, as well as a four bedroom house;
- Office space and staff rooms;
- New industrial kitchen;
- New loading dock area; and
- Landscaped garden areas for patients
Hours of operation: 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. Business hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm weekdays.
Visiting hours: Parents/guardians of children – Anytime. Other visitors - 11:00 am – 1pm, 3pm - 8:00 pm. Maternity - Husbands/partners can visit anytime. Mothers rest period from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
Parking: Free hospital parking on Gibbons Street and Hospital car park.
Disabled access: Designated disabled parking can be found at the front of the district health service. The Hospital is fully wheel chair accessible.
Relatives' accommodation: Short term accommodation is available at the new staff accommodation. The Rotary Room is available for relatives, bookings can be made by calling (02) 6799 2800.
Auxiliary services and volunteers: A kiosk is operated during the weekdays from 9:30am to 2:00pm by volunteers of the United Hospital Auxiliary.
Community Health Centre
The Community Health Centre, located at 66 Gibbons Street, offers a range of community based health services to all members of the community. No referral or income assessment is required. Health service providers offer regular outreach clinics to Wee Waa, Pilliga, Gwabegar and Bellata.
Services include aged care, early childhood, drug & alcohol, asthma, diabetes, foot care, weight control, mental health, women's health, aboriginal health, a Speech Pathologist and a Psychologist. There are a number of visiting professionals including a Psychiatrist, Paediatrician, an Orthopaedic Surgeon, a Gynaecologist, and an Ophthamologist.
Narrabri Community Health Support services available include:
- Aboriginal health
- Aged care assessment and dementia support
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Community nursing ( including : asthma, early childhood, diabetes, hearing, home nursing, immunisation, palliative care, and women's health)
- Counselling ( general and mental health)
- Diet and nutrition
- Occupational therapy
- PANOC ( Physical Abuse & Neglect of Children)
- Podiatry / foot care
- Sexual assault services
- Health education and promotion
- Social work service
- Speech pathology
- Mental Health
Hours of operation: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Parking: The Narrabri Community Health Centre is located at 66 Gibbons Street. Free all day parking is available on site.
Disabled Access: The Narrabri Community Health Centre is fully accessible for visitors with a disability.